Friday, July 13, 2007

My 2nd car was my best car ever.


I bought a brand new 1966 GTO for just under 5 thousand and in retrospect, it was the car that I liked the best of any car I have ever owned. After my MGA was stolen, I decided it was time for an American muscle car and while this baby had lots of muscle (400 cid) it was also a thing of beauty. Of course, the women loved it and there was plenty of room in it for getting down to business. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was an automatic which was just stupidity on my part for not waiting a few weeks to get a 4 speed, but I couldn't wait. It had a great low pitch tune to the engine and when the 4 barrel kicked in, it was like a symphony.

I've owned some great cars like Porsche, BMW,Vettes and Benzs that cost over 20x what my Goat did but this is the only one that I wish I still had. If you ever owned a GTO, you know exactly what I'm, talking about.